The ARAT Program Office has the requirement for an individual to become part of our Software Engineering sustainment team to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support services. Requirement is for an experienced Software Configuration Management Specialist with a background in military software/hardware sustainment tasks. This candidate must be quick learner with strong analytical and problem solving skills. This candidate must be resourceful and able to work independently in support of on-going projects managed from the ARAT-Program Office.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and maintain configuration management activities related to identification, control, audit and status accounting for software and documentation for systems under ARAT Configuration Management control
• Responsible for supporting software version control, builds and releases utilizing configuration management tool such as KONFIG, Team Foundation Server, or Serena Version Manager
• Maintain the Configuration Management Plan (CMP) for assigned projects
• Establish and maintain procedures to implement and process engineering documents for all assigned projects to ensure compliance with policies and scheduling requirements
• Review and analyze change request and coordinate changes with engineering and quality assurance to ensure compliance with customer requirements and ARAT policy
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge of change control processes, including the conduct of Configuration Control Boards for ARAT and maintain related version and revision controls to documents and software
• Create software builds for release
• Maintain status accounting records for assigned projects
• Direct and conduct CM audits and reviews
• Serve as the focal point for control, storage, retrieval, processing and delivery of customer data
• Understand the relationship of the basic CM functions and be able to integrate them within the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) process improvement model
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must have an ACTIVE security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Technical Requirements (required):
• A Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of software related experience is required.
• Must possess a U.S. Government Secret security clearance.
• Experience with standard software CM processes and procedures
• Strong background and experience in CM tools.
• Experience with CMMI level 3 or higher processes and procedures
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Quick learner, creative, resourceful, and able to work independently
• Excellent communication skills, team player.
• Understanding of software sustainment methodologies, concepts and software development environments.
Training and Certifications :
• Experience with KONFIG Life-Cycle Management and CM tools.
• Experience with Microsoft SharePoint application.
• Ability to compile, build, and facilitate software releases for delivery to customer.